Faster, easier NSW Green Slips are here
On the 23rd of March 2015 a new, faster process for collecting your personal details and vehicle information will be introduced, for the purchase of a Green Slip.
What is changing?
To buy a new Green Slip you simply need to provide us with two (2) pieces of information to help us identify you and your vehicle. These details are located on your RMS registration papers.
We use this information to retrieve your registration details from RMS, saving you time and ensuring that the correct CTP premium is calculated, providing the information is correct.
What are the benefits of the changes?
The changes have been made to benefit you in two ways:
Faster vehicle registration
Correct Premium Guaranteed
- Reduced information required to purchase a new Green Slip
- Immediate transfer of CTP details to RMS including new registrations that currently require a hard copy CTP receipt to be presented
- Your premium will take into account your registration details retrieved from RMS
What information will you have to provide?
If you are purchasing a new Green Slip to renew your vehicle registration, you can simply provide us with:
- Your Billing Number and
- Your Plate Number
Don't have your registration papers handy or starting a new registration?
No problem. You can instead provide us with:
- Your Plate Number (registration renewal), or VIN or Chassis number (new registration), and
- Your NSW Driver or Rider Licence number, RMS Customer Number or NSW Photocard Number
Note: Other combinations of identifiers can be used. See our FAQs for more details
We cannot provide you with an online CTP Green Slip quote in the following circumstances
- Vehicles transferring from interstate
- Vehicles requiring a blue slip
- Vehicles that have been unregistered for more than 3 months
- Trade plates
- Invalid wheelchairs
- Vehicles manufactured before 1960
- Vehicles that form part of a fleet
- Imported used vehicles
- Taxi and Stand-by Taxi