Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Easter with AAMI – Healthy Eating Jo’s fruit smoothies
Celebrate Easter with AAMI by cooking up a delicious (and easy) feast. Check out these scrumptious Easter-themed smoothies from Healthy Eating Jo – perfect for the kids!
Looking for something fun to do with the kids these Easter school holidays? We’ve got you covered! If you’re looking for fun and cheap activities, ask the kids to help you make these eye-catching (and nutritious!) fruit smoothies. You can use different ingredients to make all the fun colours and, according to Healthy Eating Jo, the more of each ingredient you use, the brighter the colours!
Easter ombré fruit smoothies
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1–2 cups milk of choice (as required)
- 1/4 cup yoghurt of choice
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or 1 pitted medjool date
- Ice cubes
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed or chia seeds (optional fibre boost)
- 25g blackberries or blueberries
- 25g raspberries
- 25g mango
- 25g baby spinach or ¼ tsp greens powder
- 15g goji berries (soaked in boiling water for 5 mins and drained) or 25g grated carrot
- 1 fresh banana per person for bunny ears
- Blend frozen bananas, rolled oats, 1 cup of milk, yoghurt, rice malt syrup or date, ice cubes and flaxseed/chia seeds (if using) together until smooth, gradually adding more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide into five equal parts and place in separate glasses/bowls.
- Add blackberries/blueberries to the first glass, raspberries to the second, mango to the third, baby spinach/greens powder to the fourth and goji berries/grated carrot to the fifth before blending each of the five mixtures separately, quickly rinsing between each mixture, to create coloured layers.
- Once all colour mixtures are blended, divide carefully between 2–4 glasses in your chosen order.
- To create bunny ears, slice a banana on a diagonal angle longways to create ear shapes. Insert a skewer in each and add two to each glass.