Caravan Insurance FAQ's
Many of your general questions can be answered here.
If you have a specific question regarding your own policy, please contact us
Types of cover
AAMI offers two types of caravan insurance:
- Australia-wide Cover- This insurance covers your caravan for damage anywhere in Australia. The caravan is covered if it is moved from site to site, on the road or parked at your home.
- On-site Cover - This covers your caravan whilst situated on a particular site nominated by you and noted on your policy.
What we don't insure
AAMI does not insure the following caravan types or usage:
- Campervans (motorised caravans)
- Home-made caravans
- Caravans used as courtesy vans
- Caravans converted to sell food or beverages
- Caravans converted to sell other goods e.g. flowers
- Caravans used as demonstration vans
- Caravans used for hire or reward
- Caravans used for any business purpose
Please see the AAMI Caravan Insurance Policy Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for further information about the cover we offer.
The contents within the caravan are covered for accidental loss or damage up to a fixed amount of $1,000.
Your caravan contents means the following items:
- removable furniture, furnishings, carpets, floor rugs;
- portable household electrical appliances;
- clothing and personal belongings;
- cash, smart cards, phone cards, documents able to be cashed or traded, vouchers, tickets or money orders;
- sporting equipment;
- personal computers, electronic tablets, laptops and any equipment that is part of or belongs to them;
- standard purchased software (but not data of any kind or custom written software);
- commercially produced audio and video media, and computer and game console software;
- cameras and photographic equipment;
- watches, pieces of jewellery;
- items made of or containing gold or silver;
- fishing equipment.
Limits apply to some items.
You can also choose to increase the amount of cover for your contents, up to $50,000 as an optional extra on your policy. Please see the AAMI Caravan Insurance Policy Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for further information about the cover we offer.