Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

CTP Insurance FAQS

Many of your general questions can be answered here.
If you have specific questions regarding your own policy, please
 contact us.


CTP or Greenslip

Compulsory by law

Covers you, the driver if you

injure other people

CTP is compulsory by law. In most states it’s included in your car registration, but in NSW, you need to buy it separately.

Remember that CTP doesn't cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles, or property. That’s where you’ll need either Third Party Property or Comprehensive Car Insurance.

More about CTP


ctp insurance

In NSW, CTP insurance is known as a ‘Green Slip’ and is regulated by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA).

Green Slip Insurance in NSW is purchased separately to your vehicle registration.


Ctp insurance

In the ACT your preferred CTP insurer is nominated on your registration form when you register your vehicle.

CTP forms part of your total registration payment to Access Canberra.

Select AAMI on your rego papers

Find out more