‘LUCKY UP YOUR LIFE’ COMPETITION CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited, ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as AAMI (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 22 44. Please direct any postal correspondence to AAMI Marketing Team, PO Box 14180, Melbourne City Mail Centre, Victoria 8001.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By participating in this Competition, each entrant accepts these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to:
a. an existing policyholder who holds an Eligible Insurance Policy at the time the Entry Period closes, or a new policy holder who takes out an Eligible Insurance Policy during the Entry Period and holds that policy until the Prize Draw Date, (each, a “Policyholder”), and who is either:
i. an individual who meets the Additional Entry Conditions; or
ii. joint policyholders where at least one of the joint policyholders meets the Additional Entry Conditions; or
iii. a non-personal entity, where at least one of the authorised contacts for that policy meets the Additional Entry Conditions, (together, referred to as an "Eligible Entrant").
4. The Prize will only be awarded to an individual (or in the case of joint policy holders, the individual noted as the primary contact) who: (A) is an Australian resident aged 18 years or older at the time of entry; and (B) is not a director, management or employee, or their immediate family member, of the Promoter or its related companies, product issuers, or agencies associated with the Competition. If that individual does not meet these requirements, then their entry may be deemed invalid. See clause 17 for more details as to whom the Prize will be awarded.
5. Competition entry commences at 9am on Sunday 3 September 2017 and closes at 11:59:59pm on Saturday 28 October ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
6. An Eligible Entrant who satisfies the Additional Entry Conditions will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
7. In these conditions:
a. The “Additional Entry Conditions”, which must be satisfied to be entered under condition 5, means the following conditions:
i. the Eligible Entrant must not have opted out of receiving AAMI marketing communications by the end of the Entry Period and must not opt out through to the Prize Draw Date, or any applicable Re-Draw Date, (AAMI Marketing Condition). An Eligible Entrant may call 13 22 44 to update AAMI marketing preferences to comply with these conditions; and
ii. if the Eligible Insurance Policy was taken out during the Entry Period, the Eligible Entrant must continue to hold the same policy through to the Prize Draw Date. If the Eligible Insurance Policy is cancelled or lapses before the Prize Draw Date, the Eligible Entrant will forfeit entry into the Competition.
b. “Competition Website” means www.aami.com.au/lucky-up-your-life;
c. “Eligible Insurance Policy” means a valid and fully paid:
i. AAMI Building and Contents insurance policy (meaning Home Building only, Contents only, Combined Home & Contents, Landlord Building, Landlord Contents, Strata or Fire and Theft Contents);
ii. AAMI Motor Vehicle Insurance policy (meaning Comprehensive Car, Third Party Property Damage, Comprehensive Motorcycle and Third Party Property Motorcycle, Caravan Onsite, Comprehensive Caravan, and NSW Compulsory Third Party (CTP));
iii. AAMI Business Insurance policy (meaning Business Insurance, Public Liability for Market Stalls, or Business@Home);
iv. AAMI Health Insurance policy (meaning Hospital only, Extras only, or Combined Hospital and Extras);
v. AAMI Life Insurance policy (meaning Life, Income Protection insurance, or Bill Protect); or
vi. AAMI Accidental Injury Insurance policy or AAMI Accidental Death Insurance policy, and excludes an AAMI CTP policy issued in ACT or SA, AAMI Travel Insurance, and any optional extras such as AAMI Roadside Assist.
d. For the purposes of this Competition, bundled products (such as combined building and contents, or combined hospital & extras) are considered two risks and will constitute two (2) entries. The Promoter’s and/or product issuer’s normal underwriting criteria apply.
8. In relation to the Eligible Insurance Policies:
a. General Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as AAMI. General Insurance includes AAMI Building and Contents, Motor Vehicle Insurance including Motorcycle, Caravan and NSW Compulsory Third Party (CTP);
b. AAMI Business Insurance is issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as AAMI Business Insurance;
c. AAMI Life Insurance is issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 979 530 AFSL 229880 under the brand AAMI, and are distributed by Suncorp Financial Services Limited ABN 50 010 844 621, AFSL 229 885.
d. AAMI Accidental Injury insurance is issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 979 530 AFSL 229880 under the brand AAMI.
e. AAMI Health Insurance is issued by nib health funds limited ABN 83 000 124 381 (nib) a registered private health insurer and is arranged by Suncorp Insurance Ventures Pty Ltd ABN 53 158 182 042 (SIV) as an authorised agent of nib for which SIV receives commission.
f. An Eligible Entrant should read the Product Disclosure Statement or Policy Booklet before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter and/or product issuer for a copy.
9. Limit of one entry per Eligible Insurance Policy. Multiple entries are permitted if an Eligible Entrant holds more than one Eligible Insurance Policy, but each entry must comply with these conditions.
10. Any Eligible Entrant who the Promoter automatically enters into the Competition who wishes to not participate in the Competition can visit the Competition Website and go to the relevant link provided to request for their entry to be removed from the draw or call 13 22 44 to request to be opted out of the competition (“Competition Opt Out”). If any Eligible Entrant requests for their entry to be removed from the draw prior to the Competition Draw Date they will forfeit their entry into the competition.
11. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
12. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age, address, and policy number and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
14. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw using the Eligible Entrant’s policy number associated with the Eligible Insurance Policy for that entry. The random prize draw will be held at 10am on Wednesday 6 December 2017 (“Prize Draw Date”) on at 92-94 Tope St, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205. The Promoter may draw reserve entries in the prize draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
15. There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the Prize (“Prize Winner”).
16. The Prize is $250,000 AUD which will be transferred to one (1) Australian bank account nominated by the Prize Winner.
17. For the avoidance of doubt:
a. the Promoter will contact the primary contact person noted on the Eligible Insurance Policy drawn as the Prize Winner;
b. if the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must nominate one (1) Australian bank account to receive the EFT transfer;
c. if the prize is won by a non-personal entity (for example, where a business entity is the policyholder for a AAMI Business Insurance policy), the first authorised contact for that Eligible Insurance Policy must nominate one (1) Australian bank account to receive the EFT transfer and the bank account must be associated with the policyholder (for example, if an AAMI Business Insurance Policy is the winning policy, the Australian bank account must be in the business’ name or associated with the business, and it must not be a personal bank account).
18. if the prize is won by either a non-personal entity or if the prize is won jointly, then the Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between any persons with whom the primary contact person chooses to, or chooses not to, share the prize, and Promoter will not be liable for any decision in this regard.
19. All components of the prize must be taken together, in accordance with the instructions to claim the prize, when offered or the Prize will be forfeited.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
20. The total prize pool is valued at $250,000 AUD.
21. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to any other ancillary costs.
22. If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must nominate one account to receive the EFT transfer.
23. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
24. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
25. The Prize Winner will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and/or email, using the primary contact details noted on the Eligible Insurance Policy.
26. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the Prize Winner is to claim their prize and those instructions must be complied with by the specified date for the Prize Winner to claim the prize. Terms and instructions may include but are not limited to:
a. requiring written confirmation from the Prize Winner agreeing to be subject to the Competition Terms which must be returned to the Promotor;
b. requiring a signed consent form to be returned to the Promoter with the Prize Winner agreeing to participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge;
c. instructions for the Prize Winner to provide the details of one (1) nominated Australian bank account.
27. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
28. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website on Friday 8 December 2017 for a minimum period of 28 days.
29. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if:
(i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before Saturday 31 March 2018; or
(ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 10am on Wednesday 4 April 2018 (“Re-Draw Date”) at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published on the Competition Website on Friday 6 April 2018. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and/or email and/or mail using the details provided in their entry.
30. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
31. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
(ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
(iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or
(v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
32. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
33. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
34. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
35. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
36. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
38. Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the AAMI brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period and through to the Competition Draw Date.
39. Competition permits: ACT TP 17/01530, NSW LTPS/17/16628 & SA T17/1448.