Can I cancel my NSW CTP Green Slip?
You can cancel your NSW CTP Insurance, but that means cancelling your vehicle's registration. Obviously after you've cancelled your registration, you won't be allowed to drive your vehicle anymore.
In NSW, you need to go to your closest Service NSW centre, bringing with you:
- Proof of identity
- The Certificate of Registration for the vehicle
- A completed ‘number plates and/or cancellation of registration’ form
- If possible, your vehicle's number plates
- A letter from your insurer or police, if your vehicle was written off
- Payment for the cancellation fee
You may be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of your registration, but you'll find out more about that when your cancellation goes through. To enable us to process the refund you will need to supply a confirmation of cancellation letter from Service NSW. If you purchased an AAMI Green Slip and then decided to go with another CTP insurer, you will be able to cancel your AAMI CTP policy as long as you haven't used it to register.
Please call us on 13 22 44 in order for us to process a full refund.
Learn more about CTP green slips