How does the claims process work?
1. Event (Loss occurred)
When making a claim, please provide as much detail as possible to help us understand how we can best support you.
Online lodgement is the most efficient way to make a claim.
- Receive a claim number within minutes1
- Average non-event response time is 5 business hours2
- Track the progress of your claim online with regular status updates3
- A digital copy of your claim will be sent to your nominated email address
- Instant claim number is available for all Commercial Property and Specialty (Business Insurance) claims. Home, Motor and Commercial Motor claims don't receive an instant claim number but can still be lodged online.
- Information is current as at 20/12/2022. Response times may increase during major events such as natural disasters.
- Status updates are available via the emailed link received upon lodgement for Commercial Property and Speciality claims only.
We take it from here, assessing your claim to confirm it is covered by your policy.
From here your claim may result in:
We arrange repairers, builders or assessors, as required. Our suppliers will contact you within 48 hours of our appointment – subject to change during event periods – and if you’re happy with their assessment, repairs can commence. The time it takes to finalise repairs will depend on the event, availability of our repairers and materials.
If repairs aren’t applicable, or you want to arrange your own, we may cash settle the claim. The settlement amount is based on our repairer’s best quote, which has been carefully reviewed to ensure you’re receiving a fair and reasonable settlement.