Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Work out how much life insurance you and your family may need with our calculator. Simply enter your expenses plus any assets you have below and we will immediately calculate an estimated cover amount. Then you can use this when searching for life insurance quotes. It’s that easy!
To get an idea of cover you may require, you will need to ask yourself a few questions about your finances.
What to Include
- Mortgage repayments or rent
- Car expenses, e.g. fuel, maintenance costs, insurance
- Living costs, e.g. groceries, utility bills, clothes
- Children's education, e.g. pre-school, school, TAFE, university
- Debts, e.g. credit cards, loans
- Funeral expenses
- Current assets, e.g. savings, superannuation, shares. Find out more about life insurance outside of super
Calculate your cover amount in 3 simple steps
Once you have estimated the cover you may need, you can get a more accurate quote!
Important Information about this Calculator
The purpose of this calculator is to assist you in determining the amount of cover you may require for life risk insurance cover. This calculator is for general guidance only and does not take into account or provide any recommendation on or represent that the estimate calculated is appropriate for, your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
There are many factors to take into account in determining the level of cover you may require for these types of life risk insurance. The factors included in the calculator cover some of the common liabilities and assets you may want to take into account. However, not all factors or ones that may be relevant to you are covered. You may wish to consider obtaining advice before making any financial decisions.
This calculator is not intended to be relied on for the purposes of making a decision in relation to any specific life risk insurance product and before making any decision on any such product, you should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.
Insurance you can trust
Unparalleled customer service
Support when you need us the most.
Award winning insurance
Winner of the money magazine award 4 years running
Call 13 22 44 if you have any questions
1. Includes customers of Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited (Asteron) and TAL Life Limited (TAL Life) which hold AAMI branded products. Both Asteron and TAL Life are part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited ABN 97 150 070 483 group of companies (TAL). TAL companies are not part of the Suncorp Group. TAL companies use the AAMI brand (brand of the Suncorp network) under licence. Asteron and TAL Life support and adhere to the Life Insurance Code of Practice (Code). The Code has been developed voluntarily by the Life Insurance industry through the Financial Services Council to promote high standards of service to consumers, provide a benchmark of consistency within the industry, and establish a framework for professional behaviour and responsibilities. Download the Code here. For more information contact the Financial Services Council on (02) 9299 3022 (local call cost), email email@example.com or visit www.fsc.org.au.