- Completed Medical Statement completed by a medical practitioner.
- Completed Medicare/Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme form.
- Completed Employer’s Statement.
- Evidence of your income (tax return for the 12 months prior to the date of your sickness or injury, including notice of assessment)
- Proof of identification (birth certificate, drivers license or passport).
- Any other evidence in your possession to support your claim including, if available, your job description.
Make a claim for Income Protection Insurance
How to make an Income Protection Insurance Policy claim
What happens after you make your claim
A waiting period is the amount of time that must pass before your monthly benefit payments start. It has to be a consecutive number of days that passes in which you’re eligible to be covered by your Income Protection policy; for example you’re injured or sick for that whole time, or, if you’ve been made redundant, you continue to not be employed during that period.
What you'll need