AAMI Personal Chopper Competition Conditions
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530, AFSL 229 880, trading as AAMI (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 02 8275 3348.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition will be promoted on the Promoter’s website www.aami.com.au and Facebook site, as well as on radio stations in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
4. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18-60 years at time of entry and; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
5. Competition entry commences at 00:01 on 1 November 2015 and closes at 23:59 on 30 November 2015 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Sydney time.
6. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period successfully apply for a new AAMI Income Protection or AAMI Life Insurance product (Eligible Insurance Product):
a. through the Promoter’s website www.aami.com.au;
b. by calling the Promoter on 13 22 44; or
c. in response to any outbound telemarketing campaign the Promoter may undertake in relation to either Eligible Insurance Product,
and be issued with an insurance policy in relation to an Eligible Insurance Product.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7. An Eligible Entrant will only be entitled to enter the Competition once no matter how many risk(s) are insured in relation to a new Eligible Insurance Product or Eligible Insurance Products are successfully applied for. The Promoter’s normal underwriting criteria apply. An existing customer of the Promoter will not receive any entry into the Competition for renewing an existing insurance policy.
8. It is a condition of entry that Eligible Entrants consent to receive AAMI marketing communications and do not opt out during the Entry Period.
9. The Eligible Insurance Products are issued by Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited ABN 87 073 979 530 AFSL 229880 under the AAMI brand. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying insurance. Contact the Promoter for a copy.
10. Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
11. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
12. Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
13. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
15. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12:00 on Tuesday 12th of January 2016 at 321 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
16. There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The prize is a voucher for a trip in a private helicopter for two adults (market value $1,500) in either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, whichever city is closest to the winner’s residential address, which consists of:
a. If the winner’s residential address is outside of NSW, VIC or QLD one return economy class airfare per person from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (up to a total value of $4,000 incl taxes);
b. One nights accommodation (twin share) in a minimum four star hotel (up to the value of $300);
c. Taxi to and from the aerodrome helipad (up to the value of $250)
The Promoter will not pay any amount that is greater than the specified dollar amounts referred to above in relation to the corresponding item, and any such amount is the responsibility of the winner(s).
17. The voucher is supplied by The Australian Traffic Network ABN 53078993736 and must be used in accordance with its terms and conditions.
18. The helicopter trip may be subject to any terms and conditions imposed by The Australian Traffic Network, who is responsible for the trip, current as at the date the winner takes their trip.
19. All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered or will be forfeited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued.
20. The trip in the helicopter must be booked by 30 May 2016 and must be taken by 30 June 2016.
21. Flights and accommodation are subject to booking and availability. All bookings are subject to the travel supplier's terms and conditions.
22. The winner and their travelling companion are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary documents and permissions to travel to the relevant destination (including a current passport and any visas that may be required).
23. Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their travelling companion attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation at the Promoter’s discretion, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
24. The total prize pool is valued at up to $6,050 AUD including GST depending on the winner’s place of departure as at 30/11/2015. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
25. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, taxes, insurance, spending money and any other ancillary costs unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions.
26. If the prize is won jointly (for example, in the case of joint policyholders), the joint prize winners must take the prize together, or jointly nominate one third person (over 18 years of age) to accompany one of them;
27. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by helicopter trip operator, voucher supplier, event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
28. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
29. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
31. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
32. The prize(s) will only be awarded:
a) if the winner retained their Eligible Insurance Product for at least 30 days after cover under it commenced and all premiums for that period have been paid; and
b) following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion including but not limited to the matter in a) immediately above.
33. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at www.aami.com.au/life, on Thursday 14th of January 2016 for a minimum period of 28 days.
34. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 12th of April 2016; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at midday on Wednesday 13th of April 2016 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at www.aami.com.au/life by Wednesday the 20th of April 2016. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
35. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
36. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
37. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
38. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner.
39. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") are excluded from all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
40. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
41. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
42. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc is not a sponsor of this Competition and is not involved in the Competition in any way.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
43. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The winner’s name will be published at www.aami.com.au/life. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
45. Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the AAMI brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
46. Competition permits: ACT TP 15/07845, NSW LTPS/15/08061 & SA T15/1861.