What to look for when comparing life insurance policies
There are so many life insurance products on the market, so it’s important to do your research. Carefully consider what’s available and whether the life insurance policy you’re investigating is the right one for you, your family and your circumstances.
Life insurance policies can differ in many ways. While some may appear more affordable than others, these may not offer the same flexibility or cover the things that are most important to you, which is why it’s vital that you read everything before signing on the dotted line.
What should I look at when comparing life insurance policies?
There are key things to consider when comparing life insurance. This includes:
- What are the events covered?
- What’s the maximum amount I can be covered for?
- How much will the cover cost you (your premiums)?
How will your premiums be paid: will the amount increase each year or remain the same? And if premiums go up, will you be able to afford them in the long term? It’s also important to look at how your medical history may potentially affect the policy and whether there are any exclusions.
Other features to consider include:
- Maximum entry age: some life insurers limit this to 60.
- Age when cover stops: with AAMI Life Insurance, you’ll be covered until your 99th birthday.
- Maximum limit of cover: With AAMI Life Insurance, you’re insured up to $1.5 million (subject to eligibility criteria)
- How easy is it to tailor your cover? AAMI Life insurance is tailored to you and your situation so you won’t be paying unnecessary costs. Plus, it’s simple to get a quote online.
Choosing a life insurance policy
Once you’ve compared and contrasted and settled on which life insurance policy is right for you, it’s time to take action. Get in touch with AAMI Life Insurance on 1300 407 322 or get a quick quote online.
- What is Income Protection Insurance?
- What’s the difference between income protection through super and a standalone policy?
- What is indexation in insurance?
AAMI Life Insurance products, other than in some circumstances the Redundancy Benefit, is provided by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848 (TAL Life) which is part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited ABN 97 150 070 483 group of companies (TAL). TAL is not part of the Suncorp Group. TAL uses the AAMI brand under licence from the Suncorp Group. Any advice on this page in connection with the Life products is general in nature and is provided by Platform Ventures Pty Ltd ABN 35 626 745 177 AFS Representative Number 001266101 (PV). PV is part of the Suncorp Group and an authorised representative of TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260 (TAL Direct). General advice does not take into account your individual needs, objectives or financial situation. Before you decide to buy or to continue to hold a Life Products you must read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. The Target Market Determination (TMD) for the product is available on our website.