Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.
Easter with AAMI – Hot cross brownies by Cheat Yo’self
Celebrate Easter with AAMI by cooking up a delicious (and easy) feast. Check out this decadent Easter dessert from the folks at Cheat Yo’self!
If you think hot cross buns are the only suitable Easter dessert, think again. The team at Melbourne-based food blog Cheat Yo’self are experts in all things chocolate, and they’ve come up with this delicious recipe for the ultimate baked goodies: hot cross brownies made with white chocolate, Nutella and Oreos. Yum!
Hot Cross Brownies
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 120g salted butter
- 230g chopped white chocolate
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g white choc chips
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- 1 packet (137g) Oreos
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 28x18cm brownie pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave safe bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk both white and brown sugars into the white chocolate mixture. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Gently fold in the flour, salt and half of the white choc chips.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden.
- Allow brownies to cool in the pan and set on a wire rack.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella over the top of the cooled brownie and cut into even squares.
- Melt the remaining white choc chips, pour into a piping bag*, and draw neat crosses across each brownie. (*Piping bag is optional, you can also use a spoon).
- Crush the Oreos and sprinkle over the brownies as desired.
Want more fabulous Easter recipes? Check out our delicious and eye-catching whole snapper en papillote for the perfect easy main meal.