Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance, also known as "Green Slip", is required in New South Wales so that you can register your vehicle.
Enjoy a great range of benefits including:
- Fast, online quoting
- Always speak to a real person
- Purchase online to receive your policy immediately
What is CTP?
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance provides protection to drivers for personal injuries caused to a third party in an at fault motor accident.
Faster, easier NSW Green Slips are here
To buy a new Green Slip you simply need to provide us with two (2) pieces of information to help us identify you and your vehicle. These details are located on your RMS registration papers.
We use this information to retrieve your registration details from RMS, saving you time and ensuring that the correct CTP premium is calculated, providing the information is correct.
The changes have been made to benefit you in two ways:
Faster vehicle registration
- Reduced information required to purchase a new Green Slip
- Immediate transfer of CTP details to RMS including new registrations that currently require a hard copy CTP receipt to be presented
Correct Premium Guaranteed
- Your premium will take into account your registration details retrieved from RMS
If you are purchasing a new Green Slip to renew your vehicle registration, you can simply provide us with:
- Your Billing Number and
- Your Plate Number
Don't have your registration papers handy or starting a new registration?
No problem. You can instead provide us with:
- Your Plate Number (registration renewal), or VIN or Chassis number (new registration), and
- Your NSW Driver or Rider Licence number, RMS Customer Number or NSW Photocard Number
Note: Other combinations of identifiers can be used. See our FAQs for more details
We cannot provide you with an online CTP Green Slip quote in the following circumstances
- Vehicles transferring from interstate
- Vehicles requiring a blue slip
- Vehicles that have been unregistered for more than 3 months
- Trade plates
- Invalid wheelchairs
- Vehicles manufactured before 1960
- Vehicles that form part of a fleet
- Imported used vehicles
- Taxi and Stand-by Taxi
Please see our FAQs section for more information relating to these changes.
CTP protects you as a driver for personal injuries caused in an at-fault accident
Injuries to other road users including drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, motorbikes, scooters and pillion passengers caused by you as a result of an accident
Injuries from at-fault accidents anywhere in Australia
CTP insurance does not cover damage to your vehicle, other vehicles or property. Visit Car Insurance for more information.
register your car online
Got your Green Slip?
Head straight to the Roads & Maritime Servises website (RMS) and register your vehicle now.
need a vehicle safety check?
Your RMS registration notice will indicate if you need an inspection or E-safety check.
Visit the RMS Website to find your nearest E-safety check station.
Compulsory Third Party Insurance
The registered driver or another driver of the motor vehicle for personal injuries caused to any person in an at-fault accident
If you are injured in an accident in Australia, caused by a driver whose car is registered in NSW, you can claim against their CTP (Green Slip) insurance.