Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

Home Insurance

Home Insurance Products

You're in good hands. AAMI is the trusted insurer of around 800,000 Australian households.

You're in good hands. AAMI is the trusted insurer of
around 800,000 Australian households.

Approved repairs guaranteed for life, talk to a real person
Get a quote now About Building + Contents
Most Popular


10% off*

Simply bundle Building & Contents together. Call 13 22 44 to update your existing home policy.

Online Offer


Save $50

Plus 10% off - Building & Contents bundle discount.*

Get a quote now About Building

Damage to or loss of your home, garages and sheds caused by fire, break-ins or weather events such as floods

Temporary accommodation

Repairs up to the Sum Insured or Option to upgrade to Complete Replacement Cover

Save $25 new policy online.

Get a quote now More about Contents

Damage to or loss of your contents, caused by fire, break-ins or weather events such as floods

New for old replacement

Option to specify higher values for items such as jewellery, and cover for accidental loss or damage to portable valuables outside the home

Save $25 new policy online.

*10% combined policy discount does not apply to any extra premium for portable valuables cover


Cover for residential properties under a strata title

More about Strata

2-10 properties on a block including shared areas

Option to cover shared contents

Loss of rent or temporary accommodation


Call for a quote 13 22 44

Does my property need Strata Insurance?

If there's more than one building on the block of land, or your building shares a wall or other common property, such as a driveway or roof-top garden, then it probably needs Strata Insurance.

...there's more than one building on the block of land

...your building shares a wall share areas such as a driveway, courtyard or rooftop garden

Extras and tools with our Home Insurance

Complete Replacement Cover

Our best protection against underinsurance. With no set limit, we cover the rebuilding of your home, no matter the cost to us.

Learn more

Contents Calculator

Not sure how much to insure your contents for? Use this simple calculator to help you estimate the value of your contents and choose your sum insured.

Launch calculator

Portable Valuables

Extra cover for mobile phones, laptops, bicycles, handbags and a range of other items that you're likely to take outside your home.

Learn more

AAMI Lucky Club offers unique experiences exclusive to our customers. Access to shows, events and attractions with a little something extra – for you to enjoy with family and friends. That’s not very insurancey.

Is my wall shared?

Imagine if you demolish a wall and take out your neighbour's wall as awell, then it's shared!

Landlord Contents

Landlord contents are household goods and furnishings that:

  • you (the Landlord) own or are legally responsible for
  • you leave in the property for the tenant’s domestic use
  • aren't attached to the building

Think of it as everything you'd usually take with you if you sold your property, for example, carpets, curtains, furniture, kitchenware, washing machines and TVs.

Plus, if you have a unit or other strata title property, it also includes fittings that aren’t legally part of the owners' corporation, such as a floating wooden floor or air conditioning unit.

This is a just summary. For full details check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It’s dry, we know, but it’s essential reading.

Sum Insured (Home Building)

The amount you choose to insure your home for, which is the maximum we'll pay to repair or rebuild it in the event of an incident.

It's important that the amount accurately reflects the replacement value of your home building. We recommend seeking the services of an architect, builder or other qualified professional for an accurate estimate. There are also numerous free calculators on Australian websites to help you work it out.