Remote controlled model or toy motor vehicles


If you regularly have a blast racing a remote controlled model or toy motor vehicle, then you’ll know they can be expensive to replace. Ensure that you're insured with AAMI’s Home Contents Insurance cover.

What’s covered

We cover remote controlled models or toy motor vehicles for loss or damage caused by an insured event that occurs at your insured address. A toy motor vehicle is a vehicle designed to be used by a child. It is not a motorbike, moped or motorcycle regardless of the power or description. It is also not a personal transportation vehicle.

For claims that include an item valued over $3000, we will ask for proof of purchase, a professional valuation, and a photograph as a minimum.

Also, they’re covered for accidental loss or damage away from the home if you have insured the item under either of the ‘Extra Cover Portable valuables’ options.

What’s not covered

There are instances where you will not be covered, like they will not be covered whilst in use. You can learn more about these exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement.