If your building has been damaged due to impact, you undoubtedly have some questions that need to be answered, especially regarding your insurance coverage. Learn more about cover under AAMI Home Building and/or Contents Insurance below.

What’s covered

If your building or contents are lost or damaged due to impact by certain objects (or by a power surge caused by impact) at the insured address, you can lodge a claim for them.

This could be due to a falling tree, TV antennas or satellite dishes, drones, motor vehicles, aircraft or trailers, or even space debris or meteorites.

What’s not covered

There are instances where you are not covered for impact, such as for loss or damage to driveways, paths and underground services caused by a road vehicle or earthmoving equipment under AAMI Home Building Insurance, and loss or damage caused by trees being lopped by you or someone authorised by you under AAMI Home Building and/or Contents Insurance.

You can see the instances where your building and contents are not covered from impact in the Product Disclosure Statement.