How does the Hire Car after an event cover work?
If you have an incident covered by your policy, where your car is damaged, and:
- Cannot be safely driven or is in for repairs; and
- We agree you or the driver of your car were not at fault for the incident; and
- You have provided us with the name and address of the person at fault and the registration number of their car;
We will arrange and pay the reasonable hire cost of a car that meets your needs, using our provider (but only if our provider has a car available, and is within a reasonable distance of your location).
If there is no hire car that meets your needs available from one of our providers within a reasonable distance of your location, then we will pay you the lesser of:
- The amount it would have cost us to provide you with a hire car that meets your needs using our provider, had one been available; or
- The actual cost you incur in making alternative travel arrangements.
Note: You must not arrange your own hire car unless you obtain our prior written consent. If you do, then we may decide not to pay for the hire car costs.