Why is Life Insurance Important?
Life Insurance can help ease your worries that your loved ones will be taken care of and may not have to deal with the financial strain that could arise from you no longer being around. They could receive a lump sum up to $1,000,000 if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
You may want to consider Life Insurance if you're;
- Aiming to assist your family financially e.g Children's education and living costs
- Suffering with or are worried about poor health
- Concerned about risks such as mortgage repayments and debts should you pass away.
Have you smoked tobacco or any substance in the last 12 months?
The amount of cover you may need will depend on the needs and lifestyle of your family, such as your current financial commitments e.g mortgage, your family's anticipated future needs e.g kids education, your super and any other investments.
How to claim in 3 easy steps
1. Call us
2. Receive a claims pack
We will send you a claims pack to fill in
3. Complete form
Send us the completed claim form & requested info
1. Call us on 13 22 44 as soon as possible after the event
2. We will send you a claims pack to fill in
3. Send us the completed claim form & requested info
An insurer will generally take into account a range of personal and lifestyle attributes when considering your application, including your age, height, weight, medical history, occupation, family health history and smoking status.
Fortunately, most people are surprised to learn that life insurance is actually cheaper than they think. Adequate cover can start from as little as the cost of a takeaway coffee each week.
Most super funds offer at least a basic level of life insurance, and often income protection and Total Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance to protect members and their families from the financial hardship of death or a terminal illness.
To apply for AAMI Life Insurance you are not required to complete a physical medical test. Applications are subject to the completion of a health and lifestyle questionnaire either over the phone or online. Some insurers may require you to undergo medical testing in some circumstances.
1. Premiums vary. The above is based on a 35 year old female non-smoker, $200,000 sum insured.
2. Includes customer of both AAI Limited and Suncorp Life & Superannuation Limited which hold AAMi branded products.