AAMI Fansurance Promotion
AAI Limited trading as AAMI (ABN48 005 297 807), Level 23, 80 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
9am (AEST) on 01/07/2023 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 28/08/2023.
Who can enter?
Only Australian residents who are aged 18 or over.
Who can't enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of:
(a)the Promoter; and
(b) the agencies, companies or participating premises associated with this competition.
You (the “entrant”) must enter during the Competition Period, 9am (AEST) on 01/07/2023 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 28/08/2023
(a) Visit the Website, www.aami.com.au/fansurance, locate the entry page, fill out and submit the online entry form, including by answering in 50 words or less, tell us your 'AFL related Clanger' and providing all other requested information; or
(b) Post your 'AFL related Clanger' in 50 words or less via your personal Twitter account including the hashtag #AAMIFansurance
For the avoidance of doubt, an 'AFL related Clanger' is an accidental mishap or blunder that happens to you and has occurred while you are getting ready for, watching or participating in an AFL game. The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
Your submission must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Promoter's opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
Where any individual/s (other than yourself) are present in the written entry, or otherwise referred to by name in the submission entry, you must have previously received the express consent of those individual/s to make the submission and to provide the personal information in accordance with and otherwise required under these terms and conditions.
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
This is a game of skill. A panel of three (3) judges appointed by the Promoter will review each valid entry and will judge the entries based on relevance, creativity and originality to determine the winners. Chance plays no part in how the winners will be selected.
There will be up to 101 winners determined in respect of this competition – 100 minor winners and 1 major winner.
There will be up to 100 minor winners across the Competition Period. There will be 25 Minor prize winners each fortnight, commencing 17/07/2023 until 30/08/2023
Minor prize draw dates:
All other entries not selected as winners that fortnight, will still be part of the following fortnightly draws.
The 25 fortnightly entries judged to be the best from the entries received during the minor prize draw dates, will each win a minor prize.
Minor prize winners will be contacted up to 3 business days after each fortnightly prize draw date.
If an entry has been determined as a minor winner, it will also be included in the major prize determination.
The major winner will be determined at 12pm (AEST) on 30/08/2023.
The 1 entry judged to be the best from all of the entries received during the Competition Period will win the major prize.
All judging decisions are as determined by the Promoter, in their absolute discretion.
The Promoter may judge additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid or a prize is unclaimed
What can I win?
There are up to 101 prizes available in total – 100 minor prizes and 1 major prize.
Each minor prize is a $100 Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard®.
Upon verification, the digital Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard® will be sent to the winners by SMS (to the mobile phone number specified on the winner's entry form). Winners then need to activate the card using the Vault app – activation code will be provided in SMS. Once activated, the card can be added to the winner's phone’s digital wallet (e.g. Apple Pay or Samsung Pay) and can be used for purchasing goods and services where the card is accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The card cannot be used as a credit card and cannot be linked to any deposit account.
There is a limit of one minor prize per person.
The major prize consists of the below:
(a) 2 x return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) from your nearest Australian capital city to Melbourne and 2 x return transfers between Melbourne airport and the accommodation (flights and transfers are not included if you live Victoria, and if so, you and your companion must make your own way to and from the accommodation at your own cost);
(b) 2nights’ (29/09/2023 & 30/09/2023) accommodation at Pan Pacific Melbourne (5 star hotel in a Twin room with breakfast included; and
(c) 2 x category 2 tickets to the 2023 Toyota AFL Grand Final at the MCG;
(d) 2 x tickets to official Grand Final day breakfast (information to be provided when the winners are announced); and
(e) Exclusive Grand Final Day Boundary experience for 2.
The major prize is valued at up to $15,400 depending on the winner’s point of departure.
The major prize is subject to any applicable law or guidelines including in relation to a pandemic, any travel/government restrictions/directives, border closures, health advice and the like.
For the avoidance of doubt, if the winner resides in Victoria, return transfers between the winner's residence and the accommodation is not included. It is the winner's responsibility to organise and pay for their own transfers.
By accepting or participating in the major prize, your companion accepts these Terms and Conditions.
Total prize pool
The minor prize pool is up to $10,000.
The major prize is up to $15,400.
The total prize pool is up to $25,400.
How many times can I enter?
You can only enter once. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
How and when will the winner/s be informed?
Winners will be notified in writing by email within three business days of determination for minor prizes. Winner of the major prize will be notified by phone and in writing by email. Prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
If (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s to the person who submitted the next best valid entry who has not already been awarded the prize. Any such winner will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two business days of determination. This process will be repeated if required.
AFL Authorised GF Competition
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements have been met and not at the time of submission by you.
- You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- You must create your own entry and only submit an entry in your own name. Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, the prize must be returned to the Promoter immediately upon request. You agree you will indemnify the Promoter and its associated companies and agents for any claims, costs, expenses, penalties or damages they incur from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using any works subsequently found to have been derived in any way from any third party works.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter may copy and amend your entry (including the "50 words or less” statement) and may use (or allow others to use) your entry and any rights in relation to your entry, to publicise this Competition or for any other purpose. These rights are perpetual, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and transferable. For example, the Promoter may publish all or any part of your entry or any amended version of it. The Promoter may also decide not to publish an entry, to cease publication of an entry, or to publish an edited entry.
- You warrant that your entry does not breach any third party rights (for example, intellectual property rights) and its use by the Promoter or any other person will not breach such rights nor otherwise breach any law (for example, it is not defamatory, in contempt of court or in breach of any privacy law). Your entry must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Promoter's opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (for example it must not include nudity or language the Promoter deems offensive).
- You must ensure your entry does not contain any virus, malware or other malicious or inappropriate computer code or material.
- Prize/s and all elements of prize/s must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable and no compensation will be payable. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behaviour, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason.
- Prize/s are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter, including, as relevant:
- validity period/s;
- booking and availability of flights, accommodation and events;
- conditions of travel and conditions of entry into any event venues (including behaviour requirements, COVID safety requirements and applicable dress codes);
- conditions of ticket validity and any restrictions on ticket on-sale or transfer;
- travel dates and specified travel exclusion periods;
- any additional fees (payable by you) relating to changes made by you/your companion to a travel/event prize after it has been booked; and
- a requirement to present your credit card when checking in to accommodation.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the digital Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard are not included. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard must be activated within 2 months of issue and is valid for 12 months after activation. At expiry of the Vault Pays-enabled Mastercard any unused balance will be forfeited and you will not be given notice prior to expiry. Card expiry and balance can be found on your mobile device in your digital wallet. The Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard is issued by EML Payment Solutions Limited (ABN 30 131 436 532) AFSL 404131 pursuant to license by Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. By redeeming the digital Vault Pays-enabled Prepaid Mastercard, you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions, located at www.vaultps.com.au/terms. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
- You/your companion are responsible for all other unspecified costs related to the prize, including meals, transport, insurance (including excesses), in-room charges, additional taxes, etc. Event tickets can only be used once and will be deemed invalid if copied. The Promoter does not control entry to the relevant event location. The winner/s must keep their tickets safe and the Promoter will not replace lost or stolen tickets.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize.
- Where relevant, the Promoter accepts no responsibility if one or more of the events or activities awarded as part of the prize are abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason. In that case you/your companion forfeit your entitlement to that event/activity.
- Any failure by you or (if applicable) your companion to comply with these Terms and Conditions, or the conditions imposed by the prize supplier(s) may result in the prize being cancelled or withdrawn without liability for the Promoter or the prize supplier(s) and with no compensation payable.
- You/your companion must, if required by the Promoter, sign disclaimer and release forms provided by the Promoter in favour of the Promoter and other parties before taking the prize. If you or any companion/s do not sign, your entry will be deemed invalid and you will lose any entitlement to a prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of your entry (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process (including but not limited to manipulating the system via bots, script use, or any other means to circumvent the entry process);
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You are responsible for your companion and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you your companion if they breach these Terms and Conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
- If you (or your companion, if applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter (and/or a medical professional, as relevant to the circumstances), are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companion/s) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility, and is not liable, for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering of this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- The Promoter is not liable for any entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible, or incorrectly submitted.
- All of the Promoter`s decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this competition or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter`s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor (except where cash is specified) redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published, but you agree that your full name or any other details that are present in your written entry can be published.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control (for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, government directives, a pandemic, public health orders and the like), the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies (and any of their personnel) associated with this Competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), claim, expense, damage, personal injury (including allergies, skin conditions or other reactions, as relevant), illness or death suffered by any person in connection with this Competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this Competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prize/s, or for any damage that occurs to displayed prize/s (where relevant). Unless otherwise specified, prize/s will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform.
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, media outlets and related companies. By participating in the Competition, entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- When entering via the Twitter platform and using the hashtag #AAMIFansurance alongside the clanger description the entrant provides consent for AAMI to retweet their entry on the AAMI Twitter account. Where the personal information of any individual/s (other than yourself) are present in the written entry that entry will not be re-tweeted.
- If an entrant does not provide the personal information the Promoter requests, the Promoter may not be able to enter them into the Competition.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the AAMI brand ("we"/"us") to let you know from time to time about news, offers, products and services you might be interested in (by any means, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants` personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. By entering the Competition, you agree that you must provide and/or maintain your consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
Privacy Statement and Marketing Consent
AAI Limited trading as AAMI. Terms and conditions apply. Go to www.aami.com.au/fansurance for details. Competition conducted by AAMI. Competition Period, 9am (AEST) on 01/07/2023 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 28/08/2023. To enter, go to aami.com.au/fansurance and tell us your AFL related clanger in 50 words or less or post this via your personal twitter account including the hashtag #AAMIFansurance. Up to 100 minor prizes and 1 major prize to be won including two (2) tickets to the Toyota AFL Grand Final. Entrants must opt in to receive marketing communications. AFL Authorised GF code GFAFL23/47.