- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited, ABN 48 005 297 807, trading as AAMI (“the Promoter”) of Level 23, 80 Ann Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000. Please direct any postal correspondence to the AAMI Marketing Team, L35, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions:
- Must be residents of VIC, NSW, QLD, SA or WA at the time of entry;
- Must be aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and
- Must not be directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
- Competition entry commences at 9AM on Thursday, 08 November 2023 and closes at 11:59PM on Sunday, 22 November 23 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period:
- Enter via the AAMI website at https://www.aami.com.au/competitions/active/moonlightgoldgrass.html (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to fully complete and submit the entry form, including their full name, valid email address, phone number and residential address; and
- select the correct movie quote; and
- tick the box agreeing to these terms & conditions.
- Eligible Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry or entries submitted under multiple aliases or email addresses from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that all necessary requirements under conditions 4 and 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or technology used to administer this Competition.
- The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device, desktop computer or similar electronic device is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may on reasonable grounds declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest, or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within a reasonable requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
- This Competition is a game of chance. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the random prize draw (‘Prize Draw’), scheduled to take place at 11AM Friday 24 November 2023 at L35, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
- There are 25 prizes in total to be won (that is, 5 prizes allocated to each of the 5 states (Qld, NSW, WA, Vic and SA) in which the Moonlight Cinema Gold Grass event is held during Season 2023 - 2024 (‘Event’). The first 25 valid entries randomly drawn will each win a prize (each, a “winner”). A winner can only win one prize from the Competition.
- The Promoter may draw reserve entries in the Prize Draw and record them in order to use in the instance an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a prize is not claimed in accordance with these Competition terms (“Reserve Entries”).
- The Event dates and locations for Season 2023 – 2024 are as follows:
- QLD: Brisbane, Roma St Parklands Amphitheatre, 23 December 2023 to 18 February 2024
- NSW: Sydney, Centennial Park, 23 November 2023 to 24 March 2024
- WA: Perth, Kings Park Botanic Gardens, 24 November 2023 to 24 March 2024
- VIC: Melbourne, Botanic Gardens, 1 December 2023 to 30 March 2024
- SA: Adelaide, Botanic Park, 30 November 2023 to 14 February 2024
- Each prize has a total value of up to $102 AUD including GST as at 5 October 2023 and consists of the following components:
- Two (2) x Admit one AAMI Gold Grass ticket to attend a movie/s of choice at Moonlight Cinema during the Event in the winner’s State of residence (refer to clause 15 for dates and location of the Event). Each Admit one AAMI Gold Grass ticket is valued at up to $51 AUD including GST.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $2,550.00 AUD including GST. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s). The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
- All components of the prize are subject to availability. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other special offers. All components of the prize are subject to the relevant supplier’s terms and conditions, including in relation to age restrictions, periods of validity or any other exclusions or inclusions as specified. All elements of the prize are subject to any conditions of entry into the relevant venue/s (including behavior requirements and applicable dress codes). Moonlight Cinema Terms of sale are available at https://melbourne.moonlight.com.au/terms-of-sale
- Admission to the Event will be subject to and require compliance with any COVID-19, health, safety, or other requirements as specified by the Promotor, Event organsier/s, associated promoter/s, and venue/s.
- There must always be at least one parent/s or guardian/s aged 18 years or older present with any minor/s admitted to the Event.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner/s and their companion. This includes but is not limited to travel or accommodation costs, parking, meals, beverages, transfers, insurance (including excesses), in-room charges, telephone calls, laundry services, spending money and any other ancillary costs.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organizers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age, and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- The winner agrees to provide each companion with a copy of these conditions and by accepting or participating in the prize, each companion accepts these conditions.
- The winner is responsible for their companions, and the Promoter may on reasonable grounds prohibit further participation in this Competition by the winner or any or all of their companions if any of them breaches these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
- If the winner (or their companion) in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter (and/or a medical professional, as required), are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this Competition, is contrary to law or what a reasonable person would consider is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict the winner (and their companion) from participating in any elements of the prize.
- The Event may be held at a time when one or more Government directions or regulations may be in force. The winner (and their companion) will need to comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the Event.
- If the Event is unable to be held as planned and needs to be rescheduled, which may include but not limited to the Event not proceeding due to weather events or as a result of Government directions or regulations, the Promoter will undertake best endeavours to reissue the prize to the winner for the rescheduled date. If the Event is unable to be rescheduled, and therefore the prize is unable to be delivered, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or substitute the prize, subject to regulatory approval. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- Other than as express stated in these conditions, the prize is non-exchangeable, non-refundable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. If for any reason the winner(s) do not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied for that element of the prize.
- The AAMI Gold Grass tickets awarded as the prize cannot be on-sold or used for advertising, charity fundraising, promotion, or other commercial purposes (including trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services either by the Winner/s (or their companion) or any subsequent bearer.
- If the AAMI Gold Grass tickets awarded as the prize need to be re-issued to the winner or are lost by the winner, the original tickets will be cancelled, and new tickets will be issued. The Promoter may, acting reasonably, cancel the tickets if the winner or their companion breaches any of these conditions.
- The allocation of AAMI Gold Grass tickets to the Event which are awarded as the prize is at the Event organiser’s discretion.
- The winners will be notified within five (5) business days of the Prize Draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter reasonably requires.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winners are to claim their prize, including delivery of tickets and access to the Event.
- The name of the winner(s) and their State of residence will be published on the Competition Website by close of business on Wednesday, 6 December 2023 for a minimum period of 28 days.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if:
- a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or by 10:30 AM AEDT Tuesday 5 December 2023; or
- a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant from the list of Reserve Entries, or, if required, to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 11AM AEDT on Tuesday 5 December 2023 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn). The name of any resulting reserve winner(s) or redrawn winner(s) and their State of residence will be published on the Competition Website by close of business on Wednesday, 6 December 2023.
- Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within two (2) business days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided in their entry.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes, or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If the Event is unable to be held as planned and needs to be rescheduled, which may include but not limited to the Event not proceeding due to weather events or as a result of Government directions or regulations, the Promoter will undertake best endeavours to reissue the prize to the winner for a rescheduled date. If the Event is unable to be rescheduled, and therefore the prize is unable to be delivered, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or substitute the prize, subject to regulatory approval. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
- If this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way by unforeseen circumstances outside the Promoter’s control (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, health crisis or pandemic, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter will endeavour to give reasonable support to the winner or any entrant for losses incurred for the following when not due to any fault on the part of the entrant or winner: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will, acting reasonably, consider your point of view, considering any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. All the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect loss such as loss of business or other profits; and (ii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
- The winner must notify the Promoter if they do not wish to participate in promotional activity (such as AAMI and/or Moonlight communications which may include social media, email communications or promotional material) surrounding winning a prize when reasonably asked to by the Promoter. If the winner participates in promotional activity, the winner agrees it will be free of charge to the Promoter. The winner must also notify the Promoter (when reasonably asked by the Promoter) whether they consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material related to the Competition. If consent is provided, this use would be without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
- Where a part of the prize involves the winner and their companion attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied, or postponed for any reason, that part of the prize may be forfeited without compensation, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter encourages the winner and their companion to enjoy any alcohol consumption in moderation. Adults are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines which states: for healthy men and women, drinking no more than two (2) standard drinks on any day reduces your risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury over a lifetime. Drinking no more than four (4) standard drinks on a single occasion reduces the risk of alcohol-related injury arising from that occasion. A full version of the National Health & Medical Research Council’s Australian Alcohol Guidelines is available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/publications/synopses/ds10-alcohol.pdf . The winner and their companion(s) agree that the prize is subject to relevant health, safety, and liquor consumption laws, including responsible service of alcohol requirements of any prize provider. The Promoter additionally encourages the winner and their companion(s) to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au .
- Entrant's personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winners. The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing and promotional agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will publish the winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
Prize Draw and Prizes
Provisions Applicable to Prize(s) Generally
Privacy Statement and Marketing Consent
Competition commences 9AM AEDT Thursday 8 November 2023 and closes 11:59PM AEDT 22 November 2023. Entry only open to VIC, NSW, QLD, SA and WA Residents 18yrs +. There are 25 x Major Prizes to be won. Each prize has a total value of up to $102 AUD including GST and include; Two x ADMIT one AAMI GOLD GRASS tickets valid for the Moonlight Cinema 2023-2024 Season only. The total prize pool is valued up to $2550.00 AUD including GST. Prize draw will be at 11AM Friday 24 November 2023 at L35, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000. Winners will be notified within five (5) business days of the relevant draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry and be published on AAMI competition website by close of business Wednesday 6 December 2023 for a minimum period of 28 days.