Caravan Insurance FAQs
You’ll find many answers to the most common questions about AAMI’s caravan insurance policies here. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have a specific question regarding your own policy, please contact us.
Are there any types of caravans you don’t insure?
AAMI offers insurance for standard caravans – that is, non-motorised vehicles, usually with two wheels that can be towed by a car. That means we don’t offer insurance for the following caravan types or uses:
- Campervans (motorised caravans)
- Homemade caravans
- Trailers (aside from camper trailers)
- Caravans used as courtesy vans
- Caravans converted to sell food or beverages
- Caravans converted to sell other goods e.g. flowers
- Caravans used as demonstration vans
- Caravans used for hire or reward
- Caravans used for any business purpose
What modifications do I need to let you know about?
Many modern caravans come with extra modifications as a standard, including solar panels, external showers and kitchens, air conditioning, and TV antennas. These don’t generally need to be reported to us when getting a quote.
If you’ve had a non-standard modification fitted, like wheelchair access, we will have to know, so that we can make sure it’s included in the total amount covered for the caravan.
Can I still insure my caravan if it’s unoccupied?
You don’t have to be currently living/using your caravan to insure it with AAMI. The only exception to this is if it’s been unoccupied for 60 days and will continue to be unoccupied for more than 6 months in a row.