Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

For Strata and Free-standing Properties

Contents Insurance for Landlords

If you're a landlord renting out a property, get cover for the contents you own, such as carpets, curtains, furniture and TVs.

Get a quote online
SAVE $25

Get a quote

We've got you well covered
Giving you peace of mind


$25 OFFnew policies when purchased online

Protect the contents you own in your furnished residential rental property, including carpets and internal blinds, with Landlord Contents Insurance.


Get a quote

Product document downloads

Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

  • Damage to or loss of the contents you own in your rental property

    Caused by fire, break-ins or weather events such as floods, storms, lightning, bushfires, earthquake, tsunamis - and even meteorites!

  • Includes fittings not covered by your owners corporation's building insurance  

  • New for old replacement

  • Storage of undamaged contents

    Up to 10% of your Sum Insured

  • Damage to other people and their property

    Up to $20 million cover for your legal liability for an incident at your rental property connected to you owning the property.

This is just a summary. For full details about what is and isn't covered, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement) It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.

On A Shared BLOCK?

Landlord Insurance does not cover strata title buildings.

So if your rental property is on a shared block or shares walls with other properties, you may need Strata Insurance.

More about Strata Insurance

Work out the value of your contents using our calculator.

Contents Calculator

AAMI Landlord Contents Insurance



Extra cover to protect you against the costs of unpaid rent, and theft and malicious damage by your tenant and their guests.

More about Tenant Protection

Helping you get a better deal

Increase your excess

Sounds complex but its very easy! With AAMI Flexi-Premiums® , you can choose to increase your excess, to lower your premium.

Pay annually

Pay in one go! If you pay your premium annually, you won’t pay as much as if you pay in monthly instalments.

Customer Rewards

We’d like to introduce you to AAMI Lucky Club, a place where our customers come to get access to amazing experiences.

Find out more

Landlord Contents

Landlord contents are household goods and furnishings that:

  • you (the Landlord) own or are legally responsible for
  • you leave in the property for the tenant's domestic use
  • aren't attached to the building

Think of it as everything you'd usually take with you if you sold your property, for example, carpets, curtains, furniture, kitchenware, washing machines and TVs.

Plus, if you have a unit or other strata title property, it also includes fittings that aren't legally part of the owners' corporation, such as floating wooden floor or air conditioning unit.

This is just a summary. For ful details, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.


Fittings that aren’t legally part of the building according to the relevant state law. The law varies in each state, so depending on the location of your unit ’fittings’ could include:

  • lino installed in the unit
  • floating wooden floors in the unit
  • air conditioners and spas for the sole use of the tenants of the unit
  • wall paint and paper inside the unit if your unit is located in New South Wales.

Landlord contents limits

Some content items have a 'fixed limit', which is the most we'll pay for that particular item.

For example, the most we'll pay for a hand woven carpet or rug is $1,000.

This is just a summary. For full details, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.

Sum Insured (Landlord Contents)

The total amount you choose to insure the contents you own in your rental property for. It’s the maximum we’ll pay to repair or replace them in the event of an incident.

It’s important that the ‘Sum Insured’ accurately reflects the replacement value of your contents.

Strata Title

Strata title commonly refers to units/flats, apartments or townhouses, with common areas such as stairways, foyers, roof-top gardens, lifts and even swimming pools shared by each owner. A body corporate, or strata or owners corporation, is set up to handle maintenance of common areas and insurance of the buildings.

Strata title can also refer to duplex and triplex houses that share, for example, only a driveway or garden area.

This is just a summary. For full details, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.

Need a hand?

Chat to us online now