Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

Residential Investment

Building Insurance for Landlords

If you're a landlord renting out a residential property, make sure your building is well covered. Option to cover your furnishings too.

Get a quote online
SAVE $25

Get a quote

We've got you well covered
Giving you peace of mind


$25 OFFnew policies when purchased online

Cover your residential investment property against fire, break-ins, flood, storm and more. Option to add Contents Insurance for furnished properties or cover against unpaid rent and malicious tenant damage with Tenant Protection.



Get a quote

Policy document downloads

Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

  • Damage to or loss of your rented property's buildings, including garages, sheds and car ports

    Caused by fire, break-ins or weather events such as flood, storms, lightning, bushfires, earthquake, tsunamis – and even meteorites!

  • Damage to other people and their property

    Up to $20 million cover for your legal liability for an incident at your rental property connected to you owning the property.

  • Add cover for the contents owned by you, such as carpets, curtains, furniture and white goods. 

    Looking to cover contents in a tenanted property, including strata properties? You'll need Landlord Contents Insurance.

This is just a summary. For full details about what is and isn't covered, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement) It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.

On A Shared BLOCK?

Landlord Insurance does not cover strata title buildings.

So if your rental property is on a shared block or shares walls with other properties, you may need Strata Insurance.

More about Strata Insurance

AAMI Landlord Building Insurance


Extra cover to protect you against the costs of unpaid rent, and theft or malicious damage by your tenant or their guests.


Our best protection against underinsurance.

What AAMI Landlord Building Insurance covers



Helping you get a better deal

Increase your excess

Sounds complex but it's very easy! With AAMI Flexi-Premiums®, you can choose to increase your excess, to lower your premium.

Pay annually

Pay in one go! If you pay your premium annually, you won’t pay as much as if you pay in monthly instalments.

Customer Rewards

We’d like to introduce you to AAMI Lucky Club, a place where our customers come to get access to amazing experiences.

Find out more

Frequently asked questions

Strata Title

Strata title commonly refers to units/flats, apartments or townhouses, with common areas such as stairways, foyers, roof-top gardens, lifts and even swimming pools shared by each owner. A body corporate, or strata or owners corporation, is set up to handle maintenance of common areas and insurance of the buildings.

Strata title can also refer to duplex and triplex houses that share, for example, only a driveway or garden area.

This is just a summary. For full details, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.

Sum Insured (Landlord Building)

The amount you choose to insure your rental property for, which is the maximum we'll pay to repair or rebuild it in the event of an incident.

It's important that the amount accurately reflects the replacement value of your home building. We recommend seeking the services of an architect, builder or other qualified professional for an accurate estimate. There are also numerous free calculators on Australian websites to help you work it out.

Need a hand?

Chat to us online now