The basics covered
This is just a summary. For full details about what is and isn't covered, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement) It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.
Imagine you had the power to pick up your house and turn it upside down. 'Contents' are all the household items that fall out (except for some things, such as cars and pets) that:
- you own or are responsible for
- are used primarily for domestic purposes
- aren't permanently attached to the building
This is just a summary. For full details, check the PDS (Product Disclosure Statement). It's dry, we know, but it's essential reading.
I'm am so happy with the customer service I received with AAMI, after doing everything online I rang up AAMI customer service to double check for my own piece of mind everything I had done, the lady I spoke to was very nice and very helpful. Thank you so much AAMI and keep up the good work.
by TMC1 from Sydney Metro NSW on Contents Insurance: Fire & Theft
In short, no.
It provides up to $25,000 cover for renters or home owners (excluding landlords) against fire and theft - offering peace of mind without the bells and whistles.
Just like our Home Contents Insurance, you'll benefit from new for old replacement (regardless of age) and up to $20 million legal liability cover.
But with Fire & Theft Contents you won't be able to customise and add extra cover for things like your mobile phone or bicycle. Nor will you be covered as a result of weather events - apart from fire of course.
2 types of contents for renters & owners
Fire & Theft Contents
- Cover for portable items (e.g. mobile phones)
- High value (+$1000) items like jewellery & art
- Damage/loss from weather events apart from fire
- Option to add Portable Valuables cover
- Specify extra cover for high value items
- Damage/loss from weather events and theft
If you ever need to claim, your dedicated Client Manager will organise every detail from beginning to end.
- All quotes and repairs
- Sourcing of materials and replacement items
- Requirements of your local council or authority
- Tasks to get your home back to how it was
- Regular communication with you throughout the process.